Wednesday, August 31, 2011

From Erin in New South Wales, Australia


I had an idea from  the Lord, about those Indian telco callers, that the next time they call I should share the Gospel with them.  Well only a few days later, you quessed it, I got one of those calls.

“Hello Mame, (delay) are you the owner of this telephone? (delay) Is your Name Mrsss. Muugglllleton?” And on they go. Here was my chance to give him the Gospel.

I was enthusiastic with my “Am I glad you called, I have some fantastic news just for you.”

His reply, “You have, Mame?”

“Yes I do,”  - and I gave him the gospel in its simplicity.

His reply was, “Mame, can you tell me what the Psalms mean?”

“Sure, it means songs,” and so my discussion went on. 

He told me he is a catholic, so I told him to read his Bible and to ask God to teach him, not to worry about the priest. And so after more positive talk, the phone cut off.  I praised God for the opportunity to share the gospel with some one half a world away.

That evening whilst cooking tea, our phone rang. Leigh answered, “Yes, my wife told me of your conversation, would you like to talk to her?”

His reply, “Yes.” and proceeded to say that his supervisor had cut him off, and he wanted to tell me how thankful he was for my call, how he was greatly encouraged by my call.   He asked which part of the Bible he should read.

I said, “The Gospel of John, and read it many times, praying to God.”   I thanked him and gave him my blessing.

All glory to God, my desire is to be obedient to whatever My Lord asks me. And wow! did I get a blessing from sharing Gods word.  I’m still a donkey, but a “praising the Lord Donkey.”

In Christ

Erin
_____________________________

Steve comments:

This is all about telemarketers calling on the phone. I also did this. A lady called from a window company. I told her I had a contractor building a mansion for me, and he would be using only the best window material. I asked if their windows were warrantied. She said they were. I told her that if my contractor would buy her windows, she would have to warrantee them for eternity.

There was a long pause. She then asked if I was a Christian. I said I was, and that my contractor was Jesus who was preparing a mansion for me in heaven. I expected her to politely excuse herself. Surprise for me! She said, "He is building me a mansion too. 

Our conversation at once turned to sweet fellowship. She had been saved just two weeks before that call, and she was bubbling over with joy. The call ended when she said, "Oh me, here comes my supervisor-- I will have to excuse myself. God bless you."

When I get to heaven, that lady and I will do some shouting about how good the Lord is, and what a great mansion contractor he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A rodeo is not a looney bin.

Comments are moderated. No trashy language will be posted, and mindless attacks on anyone will be deleted. Adding a Bible verse from the KJV, to illustrate your thoughts, will be appreciated. Claims of fact should be backed by citations or URL links. Thanks